A long time coming...


Well, it is official...I am really bad at blogging. It is such a shame too because I LOVE writing. I have always held this long repressed dream of being a writer someday. I guess I will have to find the time to do it first. It is the same thing with journaling...I am ashamed to admit. I used to be able to fill books regularly, but these days I am having trouble finding the time to fill a page. But, it is a new year right? Always time to turn over a new leaf...more journaling and more blogging. We shall see how it goes...

I must admit too that I have had LOTS to write about. I wish that would take the time to at least write some of it down because unfortunately I will have something so great just bubbling over and then all at once I have forgotten it because I didn't take the time to write it while it was fresh. Today is different though. Yesterday I had a beautiful time with the Lord. Since the girls have started school, I have lots more time for my personal devotions...although I hate those 4:30am wake up calls, I love having time n the morning to drink some yummy coffee, hang out with my incredibly cool son, and spend some time soaking up God's Word. I don't think it gets any better than that! Well yesterday I was reading in Isaiah 41. The whole chapter is awesome and I recommend all of you taking the time to read it, but oh how it stirred my spirit! I almost wanted to get up and do a happy dance I was so excited. I love how many times God says "I will do this...and I will do that.." I just love it. My God, my God in heaven...my Father, my King, He is in control! Of course, we know this...I know this. But, how often do I forget it. Verse 10, "I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you." Verse 13, "I am the one who helps you." Verse 17, "I the Lord will answer them, I the God of Israel will not forsake them. " Verse 18, I will open rivers...I will make the wilderness a pool of water." These are just a few of them. But, it all comes together in verse 20, where God says he does this so "that they may see and know, may consider and understand together, that the hand of the Lord has done this, the Holy One of Israel has created it!" My heart responds with a resounding "Yes!" "Yes, Lord, You are still on the throne...You will forever be on the throne. You are at work and You are here with me! Yes!" I don't know if it does anything for all of you but man it sure moves me. So many times my circumstances seem so suffocating or the mountains seem so tall and in the midst I feel so small...so inadequate. But guess what brothers and sisters, God is not small! He is BIG...the BIGGEST...and He is MY GOD...Yes!

Okay as my dear friends would say, I am getting a little carried away on my soapbox here...but that is what happens when one waits to long to get it all out on paper.

Well, I will leave with this...another very moving thing for me. I was introduced to this song by one of my dear friends recently when she was here visiting me. I heard the song first and loved it, and then when I found out the singer is someone who to SBU with me, I loved it even more. Once I found her story on YouTube though and all that happened to her only weeks leading up to the recording of this song, once again my spirit was stirred. The words alone are incredible...but the power of her voice and knowing her story makes it all the more incredible. I am posting the link to the video here for you all to watch and then to hear the song (I want to post the video directly on here but I am not sure how). I am also putting the lyrics below.

Be encouraged dear friends...God is with us! Isaiah 41:10 "fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God: I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Okay here is the link to the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE33ejdgWIY

Here are the lyrics...

Hillsong - Desert Song

VERSE 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that’s within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

VERSE 2:
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

CHORUS:

And I will bring praise, I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice, I will declare
God is my victory and He is here

VERSE 3:
This is my prayer in the battle
When triumph is still on its way
I am a conqueror and co-heir with Christ
So firm on His promise I’ll stand

BRIDGE:

All of my life, In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

VERSE 4:
This is my prayer in the harvest
When favor and providence flow
I know I’m filled to be emptied again
The seed I’ve received I will sow



Toni Steere  – (January 20, 2009 at 9:04 PM)  

What an amazing reminder! What a timely moment to hear this word. Today I've felt stretched beyond what is humanly possible...I feel worn, poured out and emptied. Yet the day wears on and wow....just to be reminded that God is still God and what He desires from me right now is worship. There is reason to sing...HIM!
Thank you!!!

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

Some bits and bobbits about this blog...

This blog is mostly just ramblings by yours truly. I talk about my ups and downs being a wife, mother, and missionary in Guatemala. I have a tendency to get off on "soapboxes" as those who love me say but it is my desire that this blog can be a place of encouragement in each of your pilgrimages with Christ. At any moment if this blog becomes more about me than about Christ, than it will be done and over...so please help me stay accountable. To God be all the Glory, Honor, and Power!

Books I am currently reading...

  • Eight Twenty Eight
  • Interrupted
  • The Connected Child
  • This Momentary Marriage
  • Unbroken

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP